We advocate for, and promote, the ongoing use, study and celebration of ocean pools worldwide. We welcome members, supporters, sponsors and visitors from all over the world. We are interested in all forms of past, present and future ocean pools, including simple rings of rocks, excavations on rock platforms and complex concrete structures.
There are no guarantees that the current set of pools or their support networks will endure years, decades or centuries into the future
All into Ocean Pools Inc therefore advocates for the ongoing use, study and celebration of ocean pools and the development of new ocean pools on recreational surfcoasts. We strive to promote the heritage, environmental health, public health, sport and safety values of ocean pools and engage with local, state and national organisations and governments to renew their involvement and support for ocean pools.
We use our website, newsletter, Facebook page, Flickr site (https://www.flickr.com/photos/allintooceanpoolsinc/) and our annual awards to raise awareness of ocean pools and their significance for humans and for recreational surfcoasts.
We provide letters of support for people and groups involved with the use, study and celebration of ocean pools and the development of new ocean pools on recreational surfcoasts.
All into Ocean Pools Inc works with its members and members of the public to look at changes over time in the ways ocean pools are created, managed, supported, valued and represented in texts and images. Our website summarises our current knowledge of the ocean pools we have identified around the world.
Our annual art and writing awards
Our annual awards inaugurated in 2016 are:
- Our annual Sheridan Evans Art Award for artwork (visual/performing arts) relating to ocean pools, and
- Our annual Pat Skinner Writing Award for writing relating to ocean pools.
Entries for our awards must be submitted online in digital formats.
Contact us for further details.
Click here to read more about Ocean Pool News, our monthly newsletter emailed to our members and subscribers and available for download for our website.
Click here to go to our blog.
We plan to do even more!
We plan to:
- begin a podcast titled Friends of the Ocean Pools,
- gather and publish oral histories of ocean pools,
- encourage studies of ocean pools and their communities of place, practice and interest, and
- expand our fundraising activities to include an online store offering relevant products developed by our organisation and its members.