Brydie Piaf’s image Mackerels awarded AU$200 prize money in our 2017 Sheridan Evans Art Award.
Graham Gall of Canberra will soon be presented with a cheque for AU$200 in prize money for entering this work Kiama Ocean Pool at Sunrise#5 in our 2017 Sheridan Evans Award for artworks relating to ocean pools. The Australian ocean pool depicted in this image is the ocean pool at Kiama’s Blowhole Point in the Illawarra region of New South Wales.
Olga Baldock will soon be presented with a cheque for AU$300 in prize money for entering this work Morning Dip Coogee in our 2017 Sheridan Evans Award for artworks relating to ocean pools. The Australian ocean pool depicted in this image is the Ross Jones Memorial Pool sited on Sydney’s Coogee Beach immediately below the Coogee Surf Life Saving Club.
Feels like time for fireworks to celebrate the results of our 2017 Sheridan Evans Award for artworks relating to ocean pools. Our judges and Committee were delighted with the number of entrants and the quality of the entries for our 2017 Sheridan Evans Award. We will soon be showcasing the award-winning images that we have obtained the creator’s permission to display on our website and Facebook pages and in our newsletter.
Here is the list of 2017 entrants awarded prize money, Honourable Mentions, Special Commendations or Commendations.
This year, our judges decided to divide the AU$1000 prize money among 4 entrants:
- $300 to Olga Baldock from Australia for Morning Dip Coogee,
- $300 to Oliver Scarlin Chennells from South Africa for Tidescapes,
- $200 to Graham Gall from Australia for Kiama Ocean Pool at Sunrise #5, and
- $200 to Brydie Piaf from Australia for Mackerels.
Our judges awarded Honorable Mentions to:
- Stephen Dwyer for Black Head Beach Dawn,
- Annie Bierzynski for Bronte Pool Sunrise,
- Darren Schiller for Before the dawn Coogee,
- Nisha Irwin for We are reborn mermaids,
- Peter Andrews for The Blue Pool,
- Meng Woo for Summer escape, and
- Melissah Douglas for Cabbage Tree Bay reflection.
Our judges also awarded Special Commendations to:
- Kerry Wilson, who submitted 18 wonderful images of storms at Australia’s Bronte Baths,
- Clive Symm for his 22 fascinating images documenting the Changing Moods of Bude Sea Pool in the UK.
Our judges also awarded Commendations for submitting so many entries demonstrating enthusiasm for art and ocean pools to:
- Graham Gall, and
- Thomas Dwyer.