All into Ocean Pools is delighted to hear about plans for an ocean pool at Mosman Park’s Leighton Beach in Western Australia. We do, however, consider that Western Australia and the Perth metropolitan area already has a number of less formalised seawater pools (including Mettams Pool) that fit our definition of an ocean pool.
The pool being proposed for Leighton Beach appears to be something along the lines of Hawaii’s Waikiki Beach Pool.
On 27 June 2017 , the Town of Mosman Park’s Ordinary Council Meeting voted to:
- provide ‘in-principle support for further development of an Ocean Pool concept for Mosman Park’;
- appoint ‘the Mayor and Cr Pollock to represent the Town of Mosman Park to a working party to advance and advocate for the ocean pool concept’;
- continue ‘to participate with interested stakeholders in meetings with a standing invitation for all councillors at these meetings’; and
- agree ‘to consider funding $25,000 in the 2017/18 budget for the advancement of the ocean pool concept’.
For more details
- item 14 of the Town of Mosman Park’s Ordinary Council Meeting of 27 June 2017 (http://www.mosmanpark.wa.gov.au/council/council-meetings/598/ordinary-council-meeting-minutes-unconfirmed-27-june-2017/)