The AU$1000 prize money was allocated as follows:
• Olga Baldock of Australia for Morning Dip Coogee – $300 ,
• Oliver Scarlin Chennells of South Africa for Tidescapes – $300,
• Graham Gall of Australia for Kiama Ocean Pool at Sunrise #5 – $200, and
• Brydie Piaf of Australia for Mackerels – $200.
Honourable mentions were awarded to:
• Stephen Dwyer for Black Head Beach Dawn,
• Annie Bierzynski for Bronte Pool Sunrise,
• Daren Schiller for Before the Dawn Coogee,
• Nisha Irwin for We Are Reborn Mermaids,
• Peter Andrews for The Blue Pool,
• Meng Woo for Summer Escape, and
• Melissah Douglas for Cabbage Tree Bay Reflections.
Two entrants received Special Commendations for the set of entries they submitted relating to a single ocean pool
• Kerry Wilson for submitting 18 images of storms at Bronte Baths, Sydney
• Clive Symm for submitting 22 images of the Changing Moods of Bude Sea Pool, Cornwall, UK
Commendations were also awarded to two other individuals, who submitted more than 10 entries for our award, namely:
• Graham Gall , and
• Thomas Dwyer.
The AU$1,000.00 prizemoney for the 2017 Sheridan Evans Award was provided by our sponsor, Diverse Productions Pty Ltd. The judging panel for our 2017 award comprised Julianne Collingridge and Barbara Smith.
Canberra artist Jennifer Baird and Coledale artist Lizzie Buckmaster Dove were declared joint winners of the 2016 Sheridan Evans Award for artwork relating to ocean pools.
• Jennifer Baird received $500 for ‘Pools of Sydney’, an original hand-coloured linocut print, that captures the joy of being in and around Sydney’s ocean pools on a hot, sunny summer day, and
• Lizzie Buckmaster Dove received $500 for her images of sculptures from her ‘the Alchemy of Blue’ project. Using concrete pieces of the Coledale pool that she had found on her daily beach walks or extracted during the pool’s 2011 renovation, this artist created works that spoke of rock, tide, time, gravity and the lightness of being in water.
The AU$1,000.00 prizemoney for the 2016 Sheridan Evans Award was provided by our sponsor, Diverse Productions Pty Ltd. The judging panel for our 2016 award comprised Julianne Collingridge, Barbara Smith and George Karpathakis.