Photographer, who worked for newspapers and for the Australian government. His photographs relating to specific Australian ocean pools include:
- Bondi Icebergs Pool, Bondi, NSW (Start of the race; Breast-stroke competitor; Group of three of the seniors, Group of girls in their uniforms with their teacher; Freestyle race; Swimming races)
- Bronte Baths, Bronte, NSW (Bronte Baths; Wrestling; Veteran swimmers)
- Curl Curl Rock Pool, South Curl Curl, NSW (Country children at Stewart House Preventorium learn to swim, South Curl Curl Beach)
- Merewether Ocean Baths, Merewether, NSW (Rough seas at Merewether Baths; Merewether Baths at low tide)
- Newcastle Bogey Hole, Newcastle, NSW (The Bogey Hole; Newcastle Beach and Baths from the Bogey Hole)
- Newcastle Ocean Baths, Newcastle, NSW (Beach and baths in hot weather; Swimming exams at Newcastle Ocean Baths, Cleaning Newcastle Baths, Olympic swimmer, Pam Ovenden; Beverly Bainbridge, Olympic swimmer; Newcastle Beach and Baths from the Bogey Hole; Heavy seas at Newcastle Baths; New floodgates at Newcastle Baths).
The State Library of New South Wales has a Sam Hood: photographic collection comprising over 40, 000 of his photographs.