The AU$1000 prizemoney for the All into Ocean Pools Inc 2015/2016 Sheridan Evans Award was shared equally by two artists:
- $500 goes to Jennifer Baird for ‘Pools of Sydney’, an original hand-coloured linocut print, that captures the joy of being in and around Sydney’s ocean pools on a hot, sunny summer day, and
- $500 goes to Lizzie Buckmaster Dove for her images of sculptures from her ‘Alchemy of Blue‘ project. Using concrete pieces of the Coledale ocean pool that she had found on her daily beach walks or extracted during the pool’s 2011 renovation, this artist created works that spoke of rock, tide, time, gravity and the lightness of being in water.
All into Ocean Pools Inc congratulates our winning artists and thanks:
- our panel of volunteer judges (George Karpathakis, Julianne Collingridge and Barbara Smith) for donating their time and skills,
- everyone who entered for our inaugural Sheridan Evans Award, and
- Diverse Productions Pty Ltd, the Perth-based firm sponsoring the 2015/2016 Sheridan Evans Award.
Entrants for this inaugural Sheridan Evans Award had to submit original work produced in a digital format prior to 15 June 2016 and relating to one or more of the Australian ocean pools listed on the All into Ocean Pools Inc website. There were no entry charges and no limits on the number of entries that a person or group could submit.
All into Ocean Pools Inc hopes future Sheridan Evans Awards will attract an even wider range of entries including some that feature music and dance, some entries depicting ocean pools in wild and stormy moods as well as others depicting ocean pools as happy, sunny, romantic or mysterious places.
Entries for the 2017 Sheridan Evans Award can relate to any of the ocean pools listed on the All into Ocean Pools Inc website (Australasian ocean pools, South African ocean pools, American ocean pools, European ocean pools). Keep checking this website for further details.